My new book to be shipping next week

Just got an email from Centipede Press announcing that my new book, The Tangled Muse, should be shipping late next week.  Now would be a very good time to pre-order.  The book is expensive ($125 per copy) but once it goes o.p. it will be even more costly.  It is limited to 150 copies signed by S. T. Joshi and myself.  I've been in such a funk of late, unable to feel the energy I need to compose new work -- & I think part of that was due to the depression of having this beautiful book so delay'd because of complications with one of the artists whose work has now been completely removed.  Jerad is a genius when it comes to book design, & this book is just the most beautiful I have ever set me eyes upon.  We chose that illustration by Beardsley for the front board as we felt it rather resembles me in drag.  I begged Jerad to have the boards yellow -- to reflect ye Yellow 'Nineties, ye Victorian fin-de-siecle of Beardsley and Oscar Wilde.  Yuggoth, I am so thrill'd with the publication of this book I cannot tell you.  My eternal thanx to Jerad, who has been an angel to work with, a real delight.

Comments

  1. GORGEOUS. I wish I had a firstborn infant so I could sell it and buy this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... Try this again. Just checked mail & there was the announcement I've been waiting for.
    Speaking of yellow books, don't forget A Rebours that Wilde obliquely mentions in Dorian Grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Hopfrog!! ! Tis indeed a beauty!! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to y'all for ye comments. Yes, mdc671 -- I believe that A Rebours was also the yellow book that Wilde was holding at his first appearance in court. I am utterly delighted to have a Yellow Book of mine own! The title, of course, was suggested by the Henry James novel, THE TRAGIC MUSE. My tale of that title is very Wildean and has references to Oscar's one novel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your book arrived today. Wilum, you have every right to feel proud to have your name and signature on this book. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts