Yo Followers!

So I don't see my followers listed any longer.  Did I do something that deleted them?  Did I dream that they existed?  I'm confused.  Been real busy trying to write and all.  Hope to have a substantial new blog in a few days.

Later--never mind, there they are.


I am feeling so very old, having turned sixty this year.  I was reminded of how much I have changed from the skinny Jewish-looking kid with Kafkaesque ears above when, yesterday, two very lovely young friends came to visit me from Kansas.  We did a vlog on YouTube, and I watched myself in the background, and I thought, "When the hell did I become this grotesque bloated creature?  How have I grown so antient?"  Mentally I feel no different, I am still so young-in-heart and childish in my mind.  I feel extremely lucky to be living the life of a full-time writer.  At the moment I am having an extremely difficult time concentrating on this new book I am writing with Jeffrey Thomas.  He has already completed two stories and is nearly finish'd with a third -- & I am on page two of my first tale.  Life keeps interrupting work, and taking care of my invalid mother is becoming more demanding and thus I am more and more exhausted at this time of night, which I usually set aside for writing.  I miss getting utterly lost in the writing of a new thing, something I haven't really experienced since working on Some Unknown Gulf of Night.

I just did the final proofing of that book, and as soon as I get and sign the signature sheets and return them to Larry, the book goes to print.  Honeys, I am more excited about the publication of this book than any other I've worked on except for The Tangled Muse.  I like that one of my new books publish'd this year will be all-original work, no reprints.

As I grow older, I become more and more focused on doing the one thing that really brings me joy--writing Lovecraftian weird fiction.  That will be my focus this next decade.  If I have my way, by the time I reach 70 I am gonna have so many books written and publish'd you won't believe it.

Or I'll die trying!


Comments

  1. You are not grotesque, you are magnificent. Here's to sixty more years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts