BOHEMIANS OF SESQUA VALLEY



One of my fondest memories is our visit to Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge in October of 2007.  The entire place enchanted me, but I was especially captivated by the Sphinx, which seemed a wee touch of Wilde there among ye tombs and monuments.  I think ye moment I set my eyes on that mammoth sculpted beast I knew that I had to bring it into Sesqua Valley.  Such is my senility that I cannot now remember if I have mentioned such a being in any other Sesqua tales, although I have dreamed of it existing there, so perhaps I am remembering those dreams rather than actual stories.  However, with my new book, Bohemians of Sesqua Valley, I am certainly going to mention, in some few tales, the sculpted sphinx that exists within ye valley woodland.  It will bring into those tales aspects of Wilde & Baudelaire, I think.

The new book will consist of all original tales set in Sesqua Valley, and there will be a new prose-poem/vignette sequence, "Unhallowed Places," in the middle of the collection, to serve as poetic interlude.  I completed, at 7,390 words, this new piece last night.  Its final segments are located in Providence, Rhode Island, as a way of celebrating NecronomiCon Providence, the Lovecraft convention that is slated to occur in Providence in ye summer of 2013.

I can't tell you how cool it feels to be working on a new book, after having convinced myself that I wasn't going to write a new book for a few years.  I simply must have a new book out for NecronomiCon 2013.  I hope to have the book deliver'd to my publisher, Larry Roberts and Arcane Wisdom Press, by ye end of this year.

The opening tale of the new book will be a new collaboration with Maryanne K. Snyder, with whom I am pictured below.  The tale, "One Card Unturned," is a Sesqua Valley novelette.


Comments

Popular Posts