New Story Accepted


My newest story, "In Blackness Etched, My Name," has just been accepted for BLACK WINGS V.  The story is my playing with a region behind the hills of Arkham that E'ch-Pi-El mention'd in "The Silver Key."  More and more, I am attracted to setting tales of my own in Lovecraft's mythic set places.  For BLACK WINGS III Jessica Salmonson and I wrote another Arkham story, and for BLACK WINGS IV I have written a new story set in Kingsport.  Another new acceptance for a forthcoming hardcover anthology is a new tale, "The Imps of Innsmouth."  I am now preparing to write a new tale for another editor's forthcoming Mythos anthology, and I want to set my tale in the strange hidden area mention'd obliquely in "The Call of Cthulhu," that place haunted by murderous Black Winged Ones, in which a spectral lake houses a pale tentacled thing that "makes men dream."  I have the wee story (I doubt that it will exceed 2,000 words) mentally outlined.  It's wonderful to have more and more professional Lovecraftian anthologies to submit to.  This is a great time to be a professional Lovecraftian writer.

Comments

  1. Congratulations!

    Your comment about the spectral lake and what lies within it made me think of Ligotti's "Metaphysica Morum" in his latest collection _The *Spectral* Link_. Specifically, the passage about midway through that excerpts a letter from the protagonist's long lost swamp-dwelling family, which includes a cousin who sucks folks into his dreams.

    Interesting what Ligotti might have been doing there with respect to "The Call of Cthulhu."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Wilum!

    I confess that I have stolen the Cthulhu Lake illustration to use as my desktop wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does such a brooding lake exist in Sesqua Valley too? Great title for your story! I look forward to reading it soon. Take care. G. ;-)=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts