forthcoming CLARK ASHTON SMITH editions from CENTIPEDE PRESS



I asked Jerad about ye forthcoming CAS volumes he is working on.  Here they be:

Clark Ashton Smith
The Averoinge Stories
edited by Ron Hilger, Introduction by Gahan Wilson
art by David Ho
probably late 2015

Clark Ashton Smith art book
edited by Scott Connors
artwork, prose poems, and various memoirs
hopefully publish'd June 2015

Clark Ashton Smith
Masters of the Weird Tale
illustrated by a ton of people
perhaps an S. T. Joshi Introduction
early 2016

Clark Ashton Smith
The Library of Weird Fiction
Selected, edited and Introduction by S. T. Joshi
after ye Masters of the Weird Tale book is done


Jerad's newsletter this morning has this:

Most copies of A Mountain Walked have been shipped.  There are still a handful to go, but all should be sent out by Wednesday. . . . If you were on the waiting list for A Mountain Walked, you may be out of luck.  But I did some unsigned copies as well and there could be some of those still available.  I'll know more in a week or so.

That brings up one other point.  I'm thinking about doing a reprint of around 700 copies.  It would be the same book, but without the signature pages or the slipcase.  The retail would probably be $50.  Would anyone be interested in this?  Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there.  Thank you!

My feeling is that A Mountain Walked is such an important anthology of Cthulhu Mythos fiction, and such an amazing volume as published by Centipede Press, with all that awesome colour artwork &c, that a reprint volume sounds a very good idea indeed!!  If ye are interested in the reprint of A Mountain Walked let Jerad know via email at jerad@centipedepress.com.

Comments

  1. At 50 dollars for a limited hardcover of 700 copies...I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, would love a copy of A Mountain Walked, and to that end have sent an email to said Jerad at ye Centipede Press expressing that wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as soon as I saw that e-mail from Jerad yesterday I jumped right on it. It was going to be awhile before I would have been able to save for the original edition (not something I could really afford). I even be willing to preorder at a $50 pricetage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also emailed Jerad in support of a second printing. The slipcase and signature sheets would be nice, but the projected $50 price tag is much more budget friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would surprise me if he can actually offer the book for a mere $50. I have a feeling the actual price may increase to $60 or $70--but maybe not. I am half-way into the book and it is one of the finest Mythos anthologies I have ever read, each story an eldritch gem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts