Paula Guran does it again--Ia!!


Paula just sent me ye pdf for this book, & although I am suffering from a stupid accident to my chest (I bruised my ribs, but I don't think any bones are broken--but ye pain is so intense I can barely move & plan to spend moft of ye day in bed), I feel a huge desire to just sit here, bent uncomfortably over me keyboard, and read this new anthology on me laptop screen.  What has me extremely overjoy'd is that I get to appear in a book that includes what I think may be the finest Lovecraftian story ever written--Laird Barron's "Mysterium Tremendum."  It's an extremely lengthy tale, and I applaud Paula for not letting that dissuade her from including it.  (She tells me there are several novellas included in ye book.)

Here's ye Contents:
Introduction, Paula Guran
The Same Deep Waters As You, Brian Hodge
Mysterium Tremendum, Laird Barron
The Transition of Elizabeth Haskings, Caitlin R. Kiernan
Bloom, John Langan
At Home With Azathoth, John Shirley
The Litany of Earth, Ruthanna Emrys
Necrotic Cove, Lois H. Gresh
On Ice, Simon Strantzas
The Wreck of the Charles Dexter Ward, Elizabeth Bear & Sarah Monette
All My Love, A Fishhook, Helen Marshall
The Doom That Came to Devil Reef, Don Webb
Momma Durtt, Michael Shea
They Smell of Thunder, W. H. Pugmire
The Song of Sighs, Angela Slatter
Fishwife, Carrie Vaughn
In the House of the Hummingbirds, Silvia Moreno-Garcia
Who Looks Back?, Kyla Ward
Equoid, Charless Stross
The Boy Who Followed Lovecraft, Marc Laidlaw

Exactly half ye writers are women--how rad is that?!  I've read only a few of these tales, so this will introduce me to gobs of new Lovecraftian weird fiction.

Okay, I just sneezed and the pain in my chest inflamed.  Back to bed for me.

Cthulhu fhtagn


Comments

  1. How are you feeling today? I hope you feel better. Take it easy, look after yourself. All these new stories will help! I am off to get this one ordered now! Also "That is not Dead" - goodness, what with Centipede Press 'A Mountain Walked' there is sucha plethora of Cthulhoid literature to go at! Keep smiling and do only as much as your body tells you. Take your ease. G ;-)=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to take it easy and keeping in bed as much as possible. It feels like I may have cracked a rib-bone; but I won't go to a doctor because all they would do is give me pain killers and tell me to rest. I have one more day of rest after to-day, & then I have a big social day on Saturday, going to S. T.'s to sign the signature sheets for the deluxe edition of BLACK WINGS IV, and then meeting with our Lovecraft gang for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hae Wilum, rest easy today and enjoy tomorrow's social stuff - gently. Sending lots of healing vibes.... G. :-)=

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts