BLACK WINGS V


Ye wonderful art above is by Pete Von Sholly and will be included in what PS Publishing calls their "850-page extravaganza", THE FABULOUS PS BOOK OF FANTASTIC FICTIONEERS--an illustrated history of the many writers who have contributed to our wondrous genre throughout ye decades.

I am rereading BLACK WINGS IV in its handsome hardcover edition. I read almoft ye entire book on file when ye pdf was sent me so that I cou'd proof my story. I usually wait to read books as books, never on my laptop screen; but I started to glance over ye tales in this volume & became so impress'd & captivated that I couldn't stop reading ye file. Now I get to read those marvelous tales in book form, & they captivate me still! Gawd, whut a wonderful series this is! I am delighted that Titan Books is making this series available in paperback form. And now I can announce ye Contents for ye next volume, BLACK WINGS V:
Plenty of Irem, by Jonathan Thomas
Diary of a Sane Man, by Nicole Cushing
The Woman in the Attic, by Robert H. Waugh
Far Away from Shore, by Caitlin R. Kiernan
In Blackness Etched, My Name, by W. H. Pugmire
Snakeladder, by Cody Goodfellow
The Walker in the Night, by Jason C. Eckhardt
In Bloom, by Lynne Jamneck
The Black Abbess, by John Reppion
The Quest, by Mollie L. Burleson
A Question of Blood, by David Hambling
Red Walls, by Mark Howard Jones
The Organ of Chaos, by Donald Tyson
Seed of the Gods, by Donald R. Burleson
Fire Breeders, by Sunni K Brock
Casting Fractals, by Sam Gafford
The Red Witch of Chorazin, by Darrell Schweitzer
The Oldies, by Nancy Kilpatrick
Voodoo, by Stephen Woodworth
Lore, by Wade German

Wade's piece is a long poem, a new feature of this series that S. T. instigated with Black Wings IV when he ending that book with ye sonnet sequence, "Fear Lurks Atop Tempest Mount, by Charles Lovecraft. Ending the books of this series with poetry will be a constant feature from nigh on.


Had a great time at CthulhuCon in Portland last week-end, mainly because of all the charming Lovecraftians I had ye pleasure of hanging out with. Happiest time of all was spent with my beloved collaborator, David Barker, to whom was shipped about 30 copies of a special convention early edition of our new book, In the Gulfs of Dream & Other Lovecraftian Tales. We sold quite a few copies (many thanx to ye who purchas'd it!), and I am very pleased with the book--which is a thick tome with a whopping 90,000 words of weird fiction (274 pages). The actual hardcover will be available from Dark Renaissance Books near ye end of this month (May 2015), with a regular trade edition selling for $45 and a special deluxe edition selling for $99. The book contains single stories written by each individual author, and then features two very long collaborarations, with ye title story being a 25,000 word novella set entirely in . P. Lovecraft's dreamlands. The hardcover edition will also feature two colour interior illustrations by cover artist Erin Wells, one of which is featured below. After all ye hardcover editions are sold, the book will then be releas'd in trade paperback format.



Comments

Popular Posts