Ye Innsmouth Look Gets A Gresh Facelift!!!


One very exciting anthology is getting ready to creep from out ye mists of an antique sea-port and crawl into your dreams--INNSMOUTH NIGHTMARES, edited by Lois H. Gresh for PS Publishing. Ye Contents:
Introduction, by Lois H. Gresh
Windows Underwater, by John Shirley
Cold Blood, by Lavie Tidhar
Fear Sun, by Laird Barron
Thicker Than Water, by Paul Kane
Strange Currents, by Tim Lebbon
Mourning People, by Nancy Kilpatrick
The Barnacle Daughter, by Richard Gavin 
Between the Pilings, by Steve Rasnic Tem
The Imps of Innsmouth, by W. H. Pugmire
The Open Mouth of Charbdis, by John Langan
Water's Edge, by Tim Waggoner
Dark Waters, by William F. Nolan
A Girl's Life, by Lisa Morton
The Sea Witch, by James Moore
Brood, by Jason V Brock
Gone to Doggerland, by Jonathan Thomas
The Secret of the Hammer and the Feature, by Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
Baubles, by Nancy Holder
The Waves Beckon, by Donald Tyson
The Cats of River Street (1925), by Caitlin R. Kiernan
Some Kind of Mistake, by S. T. Joshi

From ye Introduction:
This is the book of my dreams. I've always been fond of Innsmouth. Directly over my desk, a painting of Innsmouth hangs on an old hook left by former inhabitants of my house. I spend most of my life at this desk, so Innsmouth is always with me. There's something very appealing about the tottering village and its shambling denizens, the cults, the dreariness, the turbulance of the sea, and Devil Reef.
When I proposed this anthology to Pete Crowther at PS Publishing, I told him that I wanted to produce a book brimming with extraordinary Innsmouth stories. I wanted to produce a book that I would never grow tired of reading, a book that I would read every now and then for the rest of my life. I think that I succeeded.
I requested stories from all the top writers in the weird genre. I desperately wanted Ramsey Campbell, but alas, Pete had Ramsey squirreled away writing a trilogy of Lovecraftian novels, so Ramsey was a bit tanked out to pen a short Innsmouth tale. Almost everyone else is in this book--all the writers of weird fiction that readers go ape over. Given my obsession with Innsmouth, I was sorely tempted to add a story, but in the end, decided it would be poor form to write a story for an anthology of which I'm editor.
In short, this book is killer. Every story supplies a knock-out punch.
I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I enjoyed editing it. If you like tales about Innsmouth, you're in for a real treat."

I can add only that I hope Lois will write her Innsmouth story--perhaps for some future volume of S. T.'s BLACK WINGS series!




Lois with ye blogger and S. T. Joshi, Esq.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts