S. T. JOSHI reads from THE DARK EIDOLON AND OTHER FANTASIES



Now that I have completed work on my 2nd volume of weird fiction for Centipede Press, I am suddenly in ye mood to begin work immediately on one long-delay'd project--a book of prose & poetry all of which is inspir'd by ye Works of Clark Ashton Smith. Instead of writing the book entirely by myself, I will be writing 40,000/50,000 words of it, and ye remainder will be the work of my sweet chum, Henry J. Vester III. I now have ye crazy idea that I want to spend the rest of this year writing my portion of the book--surely I can write 50,000 words of fiction in three months' time. One beautiful aspect of this project is that, to help me along with inspiration, I get to now drown myself in ye rereading of Smith's fiction. I am beginning this by reading CAS in his Arkham House editions. 






Comments

  1. Yay for CAS!! Are you planning on anything centered or related to the Averoigne tales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I want to invent my own strange settings, inspired by CAS.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts