Ligotti vinyl!

ye foto is a bit blurr'd, perhaps because I was quivering with excitement: a new audio reading of Thomas Ligotti on Cadbra Records! cadabrarecords.com It is my humble opinion that Ligotti is the greatest weird writer of all time. I don't have that personal/aesthetic connection with him that I have with H. P. Lovecraft; but I will not hesitate to say I think Ligotti the better writer of ye two. His work is damn near flawless. Cadabra release vinyl-only products, so this reading won't be available in any other format, to ye best of my knowledge. The record comes with a wondrous large pofter featuring the artwork of Jason Barnett. The reading by Jon Padgett is fabulous, and Barnett's musical score is creepy-cool. I am always struck with how "alive" an audio reading makes a literary text, far more than "hearing" the text in my mind as I read silently. 


I now have so many Cadabra pofters on me walls that I'm running out of space; but I think this one will look good on ye inside of ye front door, just below the peep-hole. I usually keep the front door partially open, so I will be able to turn my head and gaze at the pofter as I am stall'd in my writing in ye dining room. Of course, one of the nice side-effects of listening to an audio reading is that it makes me want to return to ye text in book form, to sit quietly in my armchair and become lost inside a book. Ahhhh....

Comments

Popular Posts