MythosCon and Mythos Writing


Adam Niswander's (pictured, left) MythosCon has these new attending members: John Pelan, Simon Strantzas, Richard Gavin, Sean Branney and Andrew Leman!

I am especially excited about Sean and Andrew attending, for they are the lads from The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society who have filmed H. P. Lovecraft's The Whisperer in Darkness -- a film that one hopes will be completed by the time the con takes place so that we may see a screening of it there. MythosCon is going to be the Lovecraftian event since the NecronomiCon of elder aeons. I am extremely excited about meeting up with so many people whose works I have admired but have yet to meet in person.

I just got the DVD to Pickman's Muse, and those of you who follow me on MrWilum will have seen my rather distracted video review of it. I have also written a review of the film over at Amazon. It is, quite simply, one of the finest renditions of
Lovecraft tale ("The Haunter of the Dark") ever filmed, and it captures, superbly, some of the finest moments of HPL's actual story.

Been really worn down by all that it now takes to be my mother's live-in caregiver, as her health continues to deteriorate and she becomes weaker. This has taken a toll on my writing -- but I now have a wee bit over 2,000 words on a new story, one that I have been wanting to pen for decades: my semi-sequel to Bob Bloch's "The Skull of the Marquis de Sade." I am combining elements of Bho's tale with HPL's fun/silly revision, "Medusa's Coil," and the finish'd product will be hopefully eldritch up ye arse. I am writing the story for Kevin Ross's forthcoming anthology, Dead But Dreaming II. Hopefully, he'll like it. If not, I'll place in with ye contents of my next Hippocampus collection.

I am also writing a wee tale with a new collaborator, Jacob Henry Orloff (such a way-cool name for a horror writer!), and I'll begin work on that as soon as I've finish'd this other new tale, whut I hope to complete by end of week.

I'll be dining with Leslie and S. T. Joshi this week-end, and that is always delightful and inspirational. So the work continues, slowly, under rather impossible circumstances. I hope to see lots of you in October at The H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival and CthulhuCon in Portland!

Comments

  1. Sadly i won't be in Portland, but I'll see you in Phoenix! :D

    Martin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts