Poetry and Ye End of Life


If I'm not around for a while it's cos I'm doing the things that help me deal with the stress and sadness of life, and honey, ye Internet doesn't usually help with such things, being more a source of its own kind of chaos....

But I love how the Internet has enrich'd my life, letting me come here and share my life as an author with y'all, or making my strange clownish videos on YouTube.  As an author, having my books available at Amazon has utterly changed everything, making it easy for readers world-wide to buy my titles, and that is simply cool and a source of joy.

Gonna drown myself working on the new book, gonna dive deeply into the sea of creativity and stay there until the book is completed.  Writing is my finest therapy and solace.

My love to all, and thank you so much for your wondrous and appreciated support for my writing.  You are the reason I write--to please other Lovecraftians.  You are the reason I shall carry on.


The Road of Pain
by Clark Ashton Smith

A haggard scar across Life's verdant plain  
     Straight runs the Road of Pain,
The road of anguish, of despair and dread
     Whereon all feet must tread.

Prince, merchant, mendicant, must all essay
     That long and thorny way.
Through pitiless days each shall with gasping breath
     Implore surcease or death.

At last shall come the long withheld release,
     The Road shall lead to peace.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comments

  1. Wilum, so sorry to hear the news of mother. My heart goes out to you and your family during this trying time.
    If you need anything, please let me know.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are coming back up in February. We are planning to see you, if you'll allow us. We do love you (Bill as well).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my darlings! I love y'all intensely. Nick--I ain't got ye bookcases up yet -- if ye want to assist there will be din-din of your choice and a sign'd copy of SOME UNKNOWN GULF O' NIGHT......

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your mom, Wilum. Stay strong. Me and Marc wish you the very best. The Lugos love you, my friend!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Jesse AbolafiaJanuary 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

    Dear Wilum,

    I am immensely saddened to hear about your mother's condition, but, as you said, the most important thing is to remember that she lived a long, full, and fulfilling life that ought to be celebrated and remembered above all else. It's such a hard thing to lose family (especially one's parents, I imagine), and I know you'll pull through somehow. Since I've been following your writing & life -- close to four nears now, probably, going far back to the heady days when I was only thirteen years old -- I've seen you go through periods of sadness and creative frustration, medical and health-related adversity, and other times of great, trying difficulty. I know you'll pull through now, like you've always done. Feel better, and write me when you feel up to it.

    Always yr friend in spirit,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mike, and all. It's gonna be a rough few weeks, so I'll probably not be too communicative. I'll want to spend time with mom, wherever she is going, if it's allowed. (I don't know the rules concerning visiting at hospices.) Mostly, I'm going to concentrate on writing, just sink into the world of my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wilum, Your mother, you and all your family are deeply remembered and loved in all our prayers at this difficult time. Let all be peace.

    A quote to strengthen you -

    "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."
    Viktor E. Frankl

    Shalom my Tangled Muse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts