Chatting About Prose Style &c


We met yesterday at ye cemetery and I placed mom's ashes into ye earth, next to dad's.  It was a difficult experience, but it really helps to close the chapter of the ordeal of mother's final illness and death.  I was holding on to mom's ashes, and I got there early, so mom and I sat in my car for about an hour while I played a Tony Bennett cd.  Mom loved Tony Bennett and never tired of watching my dvd of his DUETS.  So we sat in the car and listened to Tony until everyone shew'd up for the wee informal service.  I can now try to live my new existence, living life on my own terms (what a huge responsibility!), and dedicate my final years to writing the finest books I can bring forth.  The Literary Life is my balm.  Having an awesome family is vital as well.

Comments

  1. I'm sure you did the best you could for your mum. Wishing you well for your new phase of life, Mr. Wilum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful goodbye for your mother.

    Please keep us updated about your novel. We'll be looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts