Eldritch Erections


I find this image extremely Lovecraftian--kind of a blending of the rising of R'lyeh with ye farmstead in "The Colour out of Space."  Indeed, I may have a scene in a new story that I am writing (a story that also blends "Ye Call of Cthulhu" with "Ye Colour out of Space") that I am planning on submitting to S. T. for Black Wings IV.  My tale with also have a Ligottian theme of puppets, in slight proportion.  I loved the film from which ye above still is taken, The Monolith Monsters, ever since I first saw it in a wee local cinema house when I was but a wee lad.  I've not seen the film for many decades, but I remember the infant me being slightly traumatized by the character of a young girl whose arm is infected by ye cosmic debris and turns black with infection.

I think--I think I am finally finding my way back into creativity.  I hope so.  It is the only thing that can give meaning to my absurd existence.


Comments

  1. So glad to hear you are doing better, Wilum. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts