Sudden New Book


What do you do when you feel gay??  I listen to Cher while apply Dior lipstick.  I don't know about y'all, but for me dance music is a form of celebration, and dancing is liberating.  I'm trying to do more in-house dancing as a form of exercise.

I was suddenly overwhelm'd, yesterday morning, with a sense of Lovecraftian euphoria, mainly because of
ye arrival of this fabulous new book collecting all of S. T.'s essays on H. P. Lovecraft.  And when I feel this euphoria, it has to manifest itself creatively, and so I was overwhelm'd with an urge to have my new version of Some Unknown Gulf of Night publish'd sooner than originally anticipated.  So yesterday morning I pitch'd ye idea to a publisher, and we are now proceeding to plan the book.  To differentiate the book from the earlier edition of Gulf, I will write 20,000 or 30,000 words of new material in the form of short stories that will be the completely new material in the book, stories set primarily in Sesqua Valley and Providence, methinks, with probably a new Enoch Coffin tale set in Boston.  I am feeling a sudden resurgence of creative energy now that summer is over and the days are cooler, so I intent to be writing like a fiend for ye remainder of this year.  I have much work to do.

The new version of Some Unknown Gulf of Night is a complete revision of ye entire text, with more than a third of the original material replaced with new original text, all of which has added about 7,000 words to ye whole, bringing it up to 40,000.  I consider my finest, most concentrated work, a true homage to the genius of H. P. Lovecraft.

Okay, back to my exercise programme.  Sing it, Cher!



Comments

Popular Posts