Oh!! OH!!!!!



Alas, that we must wait until mid-October for ye release of this collection fromPenguin Classics.  I have a passion for Penguin editions, and own three sets of their H. P. Lovecraft volumes.  I have this book by Ligotti on pre-order, & will need to own at least two copies.  To me, Tom is the perfect weird fiction author--a writer who is, in every way, superb.  I think he is the finest supernatural/horror writer that has ever put pen to paper--or fingers to keyboard.  I love Lovecraft, but Lovecraft wrote some rather poor stories, I admit.  Thomas Ligotti has not.


Comments

  1. This is SO exciting! Like you, two copies on pre-order! One will be wrecked with notes and scribblings of a mad fool puppet and the other pristine... Ligotti once called certain horror "A necessary derangement" in an interview. This is indeed necessary. Ligotti is a writer of precision and creator of pessimistic horror who creates worlds of pain and desolation like no other I know. Thank you for the warning of thee impending book of Ligottian doom! I believe it is 464 pages huge - a monster in itself! G ;-)=

    ReplyDelete
  2. --And with a Chris Mars painting on the cover! I have always doted of the paintings by the former drummer of The Replacements--kudos to Jeff V and/or Penguin who made the selection of superior cover art! Thanks for these recommendations Wilum--my first Centipede acquisition ever--THE Harry O. Morris volume--is on it's way. The joey Zone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Wilum! Ligotti is indeed a notable writer ... but not better than Lovecraft! Apart from this I agree on every word and definitely share your enthusiasm! Greetings, my friend!
    Carlo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovecraft is a shitty writer.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for letting us know your "important" and "fundamental" opinion! ; )
      Carlo

      Delete
  4. Besides, you must be a bit confused where to post your comments, y'know, we all like Lovecraft here -- so please, redirect yourself to Mr. Older blog. Ave atque vale.
    Carlo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts