"Fungi from Yuggoth" part VI, by H.P. Lovecraft - creepypasta audiobook ...



I am consum'd with reading FUNGI FROM YUGGOTH--AN ANNOTATED EDITION, recently publish'd by Hippocampus Press. The book is edited and annotated by David E. Schultz, and for it ye brilliant Jason C. Eckhardt has created an illustration for each of Lovecraft's sonnets. The book also reproduces Lovecraft's original manuscript of the poem, & looking at it one can again sympathize with those brave editors who work on Lovecraft's texts.

Besides the sonnets and annotations, the book includes a fifty-page essay, "Dim Essences: The Origin of Fungi from Yuggoth. There are five appendixes: "Notes for Additional Sonnets," "The Book" [HPL's prose rendition of the sequence, which he never completed], "Chronology of Appearances of Fungi from Yuggoth," "Textual Variants," "The Musical Compositions of Harold S. Farnese.

I feel a potent "connection" to Fungi from Yuggoth because it inspir'd me to write "Some Unknown Gulf of Night," my prose-poem sequence that will be included in my forthcoming collection from Centipede Press at ye end of this year. Looking over this book to-day has me determin'd to write two or four new sonnets, as I need to print up two or four more pages for my new contribution to ye Esoteric Order of Dagon Amateur Press Association
Wish me luck with me Muse, my ducks.


Comments

Popular Posts