my hand be weary


oy, my weary left hand...
Went to S. T.'s to sign 300 signature sheets for ye forthcoming special hardcover edition of his anthology, THE RED BRAIN--GREAT TALES OF THE CTHULHU MYTHOS, in which my story "Pickman's Lazarus" appears. He and Mary had a special gift for me--ye kitty cat holiday shirt pictur'd above (with my oldest cat, China, looking on). It's very pleasant when ye friends one visits are also cat lovers. They have three cats. I have six, and the lad who rents my basement has another. I spend gobs of $$$$ on litter.
Signing signature sheets is probably the moft boring aspect of being a publish'd writer. It just gets so boring, having to sign your signature hundreds of time. S. T. is super-fast at signing; I am not, and when I try to keep up with him my signature becomes chaotic. So he is finish'd and sits patiently while I am plodding along.
Ye great reward is that S. T.'s charming wife, Mary, always makes a marvelous dinner for after ye signing is finish'd. So although my hand be weary, my stomach is well pleas'd.
Hope ye new year is treating all of ye well.

Comments

Popular Posts