forthcoming


Above is Camille Alquier's jacket illustration for my soon-to-be-publish'd hardcover collection from Centipede press, An Ecstasy of Fear and Others. This jacket art shews one of ye major themes in my weird fiction--ye seductive beguilement of horror. I think this kind of emotive response to nameless horror in my work was inspir'd by H. P. Lovecraft's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," where at ye story's conclusion the narrator not only accepts but seems to revel in ye revelation of his true nature. I, for one, celebrate my Outsider nature. 
     There is not yet any definitive release date for my new book, which is actually one of two new titles from mine pen to see publication this year (the other being the supernatural novel I co-author'd with David Barker, Witches in Dreamland, to be publish'd by Hippocampus Press). It feels like it's been forever since I've had a new book out, so I look forward to holding these new ones in mine antient paw. 
     I am still--unhappily--unable to concentrate on ye creation of new fiction. My mind is a void of ideas & imagery. However, I suspect that once the newer books have seen print I'll suddenly feel ye urge to write new tales--that's usually the way it works with me. I'm at that point where I feel I have made a solid if slight contribution to ye genre. My goal of wanting to be recognis'd as an author of Lovecraftian horror is now fully realised. When I was young my ego ached to be "known" as a writer; and this is something that young writers are often impatient with, wanting ye "fame" of being an author before actually doing the work. I had one goal--to be known as a Lovecraftian writer, to be wed artistically to H. P. Lovecraft to an almoft audacious degree. I think I'm there.
     My cd/cassette player died, so I order'd a new inexpensive one, knowing that one takes a chance in ordering such things online. My new player ain't fancy and looks rather "cheaply" made; but it is so nice to be able to play my Streisand and Barry Manilow and RuPaul cds in ye living room. So excuse me now as I go to listen to ye soundtrack of The Beautician and the Beast.


Comments

  1. The Centipede Press book is an absolutely "must buy" to set alongside "The Tangled Muse". Camille Aquier's jacket illustration is perfect. Not only beguiling but ephemeral. I am also looking forward to Witches in Dreamland. It has been a long time, but always well worth the wait. I imagine your Muse will arrive with thee signature sheets... sending you lots of strength and - I hope - interesting dreams to fuel the creative fire. G ;-)=

    ReplyDelete
  2. lytadiachi-Billings Mary Sanchez click
    landlasider

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts